Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Yes, I'm a Craft Slut

I never met a craft I didn't like, except for punch needle. I'm not going there.

I cross stitch-I do it well.

I crochet-my skilz are moderate.
I knit-my skilz are beginner-but my dream is to knit the Magical Earth Shawl from A Gathering of Lace. Yes, I own the book, but do not in any way, shape or form have a clue about the knitting of lace.

I quilt-I took a class in 1987. My skill level is in the suck zone.

I'm learning how to sew clothes. I have no skilz and refuse to measure my ass so nothing fits.

This blog is where I will own up to all my mistakes, the process of figuring it out, and maybe if I'm lucky I'll have some successes to share.

I promise to be brutally honest about the whole process, my lack of skills, my sense of wanting things finished NOW, my absolute lack of knowledge of color and what works together.

Should be an interesting journey or a complete and utter disaster.

No comments:

Post a Comment